A customer brought us their twin engine Hydrasports boat to add new a completely new GPS system and a couple other extra goodies like another power outlet, engine holders, and new touchscreens for the center console. After discussing the benefit of a few Garmin systems, the customer chose the GMR Fantom 124, GPSmap 7612, and GXM™53 for weather. See an overview of the products selected for this amazing boat below.
GPSMAP® 7612 – 12-inch Fully Network Capable Chartplotter
- 12-inch multi-touch widescreen display (1280 x 800 WXGA) preloaded with both BlueChart® g2 U.S. coastal and LakeVü HD maps
- High-sensitivity internal 10 Hz GPS/GLONASS
- Fully network capable for Garmin Marine Network and NMEA 2000®, plus NMEA 0183 support
- Supports GSD™ premium sonar and GCV™ scanning sonar modules
- Advanced sailing and sail racing features
Designed for cruisers, sailors and sailing racers who demand high performance, ease of operation and feature integration, the GPSMAP 7612 chartplotter with 12-inch multi-touch widescreen display has a 10 Hz internal GPS that updates position and heading 10 times per second. It is fully network capable, including the Garmin Network and NMEA 2000, and offers the conveniences of built-in Wi-Fi® connectivity.
Open-array Radar with Industry-leading 120 W Solid-state Output Power
- 4’, 120 W solid-state open-array radar with pedestal
- MotionScope™ technology detects and highlights moving targets in different colors to help avoid collisions, find flocks of birds and track weather
- Pulse Compression technology provides high-resolution imaging while maximizing energy to enhance target detection and identification
- True echo trails display a fading trail to help you quickly and easily identify moving targets while accounting for the movement of your own boat
- Overlay radar on your chart screen as single display or split screen with independent range settings
The GXM 53 SiriusXM® weather antenna lets you enjoy added confidence and peace of mind on the water by always having access to the most current weather conditions and forecasts. Easy-to-install and easy-to-use integrated weather receiver and antenna connects to the Garmin Marine Network to deliver highly detailed weather information directly to your compatible Garmin chartplotter. It accesses current weather information, including NEXRAD, lightning, water temperatures, wind and wave current conditions and forecast data — all of which can be viewed from your chartplotter screen. And it also provides access to SiriusXM audio stations¹. Additional features and upgrades are made available as Sirius XM capabilities are added.¹
GXM 53 also recalls valid weather forecasts after a power cycle. Excellent antenna signal performance ensures you will maintain the best possible reception, even when on the fringes of SiriusXM weather coverage. Ethernet connection provides high bandwidth data transfer and power over a single cable. Provides an easy upgrade from the GXM 52 weather antenna since it uses the same mount.
Other custom work we did to this Hydrasports Custom boat starts with a new electrical outlet in the back of the boat, and two new OEM Yamaha Outboard Motor Trailer Support MAR-MTSPT-YM-10.